Another week in the books. Sort of a fun filled week for me. Can't say the same for the auto industry or OJ Simpson. Man talk about crash and burn, what a bad time to be one of them, but it's like they say what goes up must come down I guess. I'll say a little prayer for the my mans in Motown, I like cars...but who gives a shit about OJ, he shoulda been in jail years ago.
Anywho, some cool things happened to me this week. I sold coffee to channel 29 weatherman John Bolaris, was threatened multiple times by a customer over a salad, and even got paid. But I think the coolest thing that happened to me this week came on Thursday at around 6:15 AM. It was a normal cold December morning when I arrived at the train station to wait for my train into the city. Had my headphones on listening to the new Kanye joint, which isn't too bad by the way, as I walked past all the other working drones toward the pole that I always lean on as I wait. Only this time as I'm about to set my bag on the ground and transfer my weight to the post, somebody tapped me on my shoulder. Startled I turned around to see the guy who everyday stands behind me to my left with his briefcase in front of him. Short in stature with a very grizzly beard, I walked by him each morning not thinking twice about it, only to turn around and realize it's Mr. Knowles.
Mr. Knowles was my basketball coach from about 4th grade to 10th grade. It's been about six years since I last saw him. Awesome guy. And the more I think about it, I owe him alot for how I turned out. I may have only seen him like 2-3 times a week growing up, but those times really counted. Basketball was a huge part of my life. You know I look around and see some friends from my childhood in some bad situations right now. And while I don't want to say I'm better than them, cuz I'm not, I just feel blessed to have had people like Mr. Knowles in my life. Someone who was willing to volunteer hours upon hours of his own time to give kids like me something to focus on other than getting into trouble.
But to get to the point, I just thought it was awesome that he somehow turned back up in my life. We got to talking, and if you could just see the thrill in his eyes when I told him I'm a college graduate...it really made me happy to realize that he cared. Plus now I got someone to talk to on the way to work.
Song of the post: Tat it up - D4L
O.L.D.
Credits:
The Train
Mr. Knowles
John Bolaris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
dubb thats cute, maybe i should point mr. knowles in the direction of dubble vision to read your kind words...btw am i the only person that's ever commented on your blogs?
Post a Comment