It's freezing outside...actually it's freezing inside. I don't like the cold. Prevents me from doing most things I like doing. For instance I can no longer practice my "Eagle Claw" on the beach and pretend I'm Daniel Larusso...or I can no longer practice my yoga in the park...or I can no longer play freedom with all my friends from the neighborhood.
Alright that's enough. I was kidding about all that stuff. Well not the "Eagle Claw," you can ask my friends about that. But the cold does suck a blow pop. Any day under 44 degrees and I'll be playing Madden drinking a Bud somewhere.
So today is my last day of freedom. My official resignation as a member of the Unemployment Club goes into effect tomorrow morning at 8:30 am when I walk through the doors of a Wawa, not as a customer, but as a Customer Service Manager. Starting tomorrow I will begin an absolutely rigorous 6 week training program where I will eat, sleep, and breath "Wawa Happy" until I'm all Wawizzled out. Actually probably more or less just the eat part.
Nah it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll manage (get it? I'll "manage" haha). Sorry I just woke up.
I'm going to miss the unemployment club. Summer unemployment was the best. The weather is nice, we could wake up and do whatever we wanted. Occassionally we would go for a jog, or play some basketball. There was the one day I dressed up in complete catchers attire just so Joe could pitch to me in his backyard. We'd put together furniture, went swimming, drank beers. But the best was when we would develop plans to make some income. One idea was to turn Joe's house into a Sonic, or be movie extras...the sperm bank was brought up kind of often.
When winter unemployment hit things kind of slowed down. No more sun, pool, or basketball. No more shorts and babes in bikinis. But alot more movies and TV. Recently we started watching the Nip/Tuck series. We're only about 8 episodes into season one, but it's already getting crazy. Wonder how often I'll get to watch it now...
So how am I spending my last day? In celebration. Not for me though...no I don't view leaving the club as a time to celebrate, it's actually probably the opposite...but I got places to go. Today is a celebration for Mike. He turns 22 today. Nothing says Happy Birthday better than a Pizza Party! Happy Birthday Mike!
Song of the post: Town That You Live In - Sherwood
O.L.D.
Credits:
Wawa
Unemployment Club
Mike
Pizza

No comments:
Post a Comment