Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm Bored!

I'm 22 years old, and if Brett Favre isn't ready to retire...I don't think I'm ready either. It's saturday afternoon, sunny, and probably about 72 degrees outside. And I'm sitting on my couch watching college football. Don't get me wrong I love watching college football, but I think right now I would rather be out on a court somewhere playing some roundball. Only problem is I can't find anyone who has the same desire.

I thought once I graduated college I'd be ready to hang up my sneaks. Maybe just make a hobby out of it, play every once in a while on a day like today and be happy. Only I'm not. Put me in coach! I need more PT. I need competition.

Funny, I thought I was ready to retire from sports when I graduated high school too. Only to realize I wasn't ready then either. But I had more options at that time still being in college and all. I just joined the track team. Now I got nothing.

This summer was the first summer I wasn't involved in any type of basketball league. Last year our team won the Fox Chase summer mens league, only to see the league fold before we could defend our title.

I guess to make a long story short (plus I'm getting hungry), this is more of a plea. If anyone reading this knows of any leagues or any teams that a 22 year old, twice retired, one time college athlete may be able to help. Please let me know. I like volleyball too.

O.L.D.

Credits:
Me

No comments: